Homemade 20T

IHinIN

Registered
Registered
I built this press using free materials I got from a machine skid that was being scrapped at work. The channel is 5”x2.5” and the angle iron is 2”x2”x1/8”. It is 72” tall and 28” between the vertical channels. The 20T x 4” stroke cylinder is mounted to a trolley that moves sideways in case something needs pressed off center. A winch makes height adjustment quick and easy. The cylinder is operated with a 10,000psi air powered hydraulic foot pedal pump.

Attachments

• IMG_1281.jpeg
    IMG_1281.jpeg
    312.1 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_9100.jpeg
    IMG_9100.jpeg
    649.6 KB · Views: 112
I like that trolley idea. Nice job, looks easy to use

Nice use of recycled material!

Like the wheels to move it out of the way when not in use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice build . Is there going to be some future use of the overhang on the left side ?

Nice work. I just bought a 20T press and was wondering about putting it on casters.

That's awesome, and welcome to the forums!

Nice work. I just bought a 20T press and was wondering about putting it on casters.
It's the only way to go. I have to move mine around a lot due to shop size.

This is some tooling I’ve made for the press. Arbor plates made from 4140 PHT, set of dimple dies for an 1-1/8” hole, cylinder ram inserts with various sizes of dowels for pressing out pins, a 120 degree V for straightening shafts, and an insert with a 2” OD on one end and 1” OD on the other. The shelf on the base of the press holds a .50 cal ammo can for the tooling and the pump. IMG_2115.jpeg

Back