HVLP part and drill press modification

Ischgl99

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have a Wagner HVLP that I have had for years, but didn’t really get it working right until recently when I renovated the pantry while my wife was away a couple months helping her mom recuperate. While disassembling it, I broke the plastic air baffle, not sure what the proper name is. I couldn’t find replacement parts for it, so I turned up a replacement on the lathe. Took about 10 minutes, looks like it should work, but the proof will be in the pudding the next time I need it.

IMG_1689.jpeg

The other project today was making an adapter for my drill press table lift. I built an auxiliary table with a fence for my woodworking projects, but the table lift crank interferes. So, I made an adapter to use a ratcheting wrench so I can raise and lower the table without any major modifications.

IMG_1690.jpegIMG_1691.jpegIMG_1692.jpegIMG_1693.jpeg

Fixing things as opposed to throwing them away and buying new.
Making things different and better.
These are only two of the reasons we have machines.
Good work!

Fixing things as opposed to throwing them away and buying new.
Making things different and better.
These are only two of the reasons we have machines.
Good work!
Thank you, I’m a tightwad and hate throwing things away that are still useful. It’s annoying that parts are not available for so many products, but another advantage of having machines is making or repairing a part now instead of waiting for them to be delivered even if they are still available, and keeping the project going. A good example, last summer, a local robotics education non-profit was doing a summer camp and ran into a bind with an actuator. I was able to machine a flat for them to attach their couplings to the leadscrew, and the kids were able to keep their project on track to finish that week.

Back