Lathes, mill, indexer and drill presses

mickri

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Precision Warehouse in Paso Robles is cleaning out a barn at a local ranch. Hiding back in the dirt and cobwebs are a couple of lathes and a bridgeport mill plus some drill presses among other things There is also an indexer that interests me. I don't have one. https://precisionwarehouse.hibid.com/lot/134583939/indexer?cpage=3&ipp=100 It will probably go for more than I can spend. Any idea on what it might be worth?

That indexer could go for as little as there minimum bid and as much as a couple of hundred, just depends on who is bidding. Going by rust and condition, plus lack of other indexing plates, I wouldn't go higher than $50 and that's if I  really wanted one

I don't think that I would even bid $50 for the indexer. It might be too big to fit on my mill/drill. I wonder what other parts might be missing besides more index plates.

Current bid on the South Bend 10K lathe is only $55. The last lathe PW auctioned off went for $450. There is also a large old lathe that nobody has even bid. Same for a several Buffalo drill presses. No bids. Current bid on the bridgeport mill is $225. This will change tomorrow evening when the auction closes.

The bridgeport went for $1700. The south bend 10K went for $450. The big no name lathe went for $50.

Back