Leonard Industrial Supply

65Cobra427SC

Registered
Registered
I was searching for GITS Ball Oilers (6mm and 8mm) when I ran into Leonard Industrial Supply http://www.leonardindustrial.com/

Looks like a decent place and they sell the GITS metric ball oilers for $1.00 each which is dirt cheap. The downside... if you want to even call it that... is they have a $50 minimum, but I'm sure I can find something else to buy :)

But I backed out of purchasing anything because there is no info about their shipping rates. Apparently I would have to complete the first page of my order, which includes my payment information, first. That's a red flag with me. I sent them an email but wondered if anyone else has purchased from them and could shed light on their service, shipping, etc. Thanks.

In case anyone is interested, I decided not to deal with them. They didn't answer my email. There is no phone number on their website... although I found one elsewhere online and it just goes into voice mail. Google is your friend... street view shows the building which is rather small with absolutely no room for expansion. Online statistics are minimal showing they only have 1-4 employees. Facebook shows very minimal interaction. So the place is definitely not on the level of McMaster even though their website makes it sound like it is. If anyone ends up using this place I'd be interested in your thoughts. Thanks.

McMaster does not give the shipping charges either. You order, then later get an invoice email with the shipping charges added. The may be a way to get the shipping charges before you press ''Order'', but it is what it is. ;)

I'm 6'12" and 350 2/3 pounds of ripped muscle

I've been dealing with McMaster for a long time but I didn't even know they existed until my friends told me who they were and what to expect. But Leonard Industrial has a website that makes them appear to be the McMaster of machine shops but everything I've found so far shows the exact opposite. I've been stung by other places... extremely low prices with extremely high shipping. If you return an item, they still make a profit based on the amount you paid for shipping. I may try and give it another shot with fake information to see how far I get and if it eventually shows the shipping charges.

Nice one TommyD :grin:

Back