List of guide lines

Unlogic

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I find the ability to add guide lines immensely useful in the new TouchDRO version. However when adding many of guide lines to the same workspace it can be a bit tricky to keep track of them and differentiate them.

Would it be possible to display the guide lines in the list with points and allowing them to be toggled, edited and maybe even given a custom color?

I know the future versions of TouchDRO are planned to include the ability include drawings etc which may overlap significantly with this functionality but I thought I'd bring this up for discussion at least.

PS. TouchDRO just keeps getting better, keep up the good work Yuriy!

Well, with software everything is possible :D. I just need to figure out where and how to do it. I agree with you, though, right now it's hard to figure out what's what. I tweaked the display a bit to make the selected guide more prominent, but I still get lost when I have more than one or two guides.
I'm planning to tweak the graphical display next, and will try to find a place for the list.

Regards
Yuriy

One way to do this could maybe be to make a common base class or interface for both points and lines (if that's not already the case).

They could then more easily be displayed in the same list as the points without creating too much of a clutter in the code.

To make it easier to separate points and lines visually maybe they could be prefixed with a small icon for each type. That way it would be easy to differentiate them while milling/turning and also open up the possibility of adding support for other type of features in the future using other icons.

Poking around (literally) in the graphical display I found it. You just press in the graphical field and it will let you add a guide.

Back