LMS 5" 4 jaw independant chuck and plate for 7x? lathes

LEEQ

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
According to the website they have this chuck in stock. It's as big as you can put on a 7x from what I've read. I for one have been waiting. I put my order in this am. I have been having a hard time finding a 5" 4 jaw independent and have had good experiences with Little Machine Shop. It was a no brainer for me and now I can't wait for it to get here. Hope this helps others.

I have just that model and use it on my 7x14. Works great, and definitely possible to open the jaws to a capacity greater than the swing of the lathe.

Highly recommended!

I used the 4" 4 jaw chuck for the past 5 years. I thought it was good quality. Mine had almost no axial rounout. I sold it and a 7x12 last month. I didn't lose money on the chuck or the lathe.

I had a backup 4 1/2" chuck I found in a drawer. (I can't remember how that chuck got there). I made a plate and an adapter where I can use this chuck on both the 7x12 and the 9x20.

Grizzly sells a 5" 4 jaw chuck. current price online is $118.

I bought one a few years ago when I still had my 7". It weighs about 14 pounds. The little lathe had no problem spinning it up. I have it adapted to my 9" now. Well worth having.

I used the 4" 4 jaw chuck for the past 5 years. I thought it was good quality. Mine had almost no axial rounout. I sold it and a 7x12 last month. I didn't lose money on the chuck or the lathe.

I had a backup 4 1/2" chuck I found in a drawer. (I can't remember how that chuck got there). I made a plate and an adapter where I can use this chuck on both the 7x12 and the 9x20.

Grizzly sells a 5" 4 jaw chuck. current price online is $118.

I didn't see a 5" 4jaw independent with grizzly. independent was important. I gave abt $110 with the necessary adaptor plate at LMS. I can't wait, supposed to be here tomorrow.

Be very careful with that! You won't be able to open those jaws very far without hitting the ways, or even more likely, the carriage. Did a nice job on it though. :thumbzup:

-Ron

Wow, nice. Is it nice and balanced when you spin it up? I just got mine ,cleaned the back and bolted it up. It seems a bit unbalanced on my 7x12 sitting on rubber feet. I'll putter around and see what I come up with when I get a chance.

Back