NEED LMS 8.5 x 20 FEEDBACK & EXPERIENCE

LDM117

Registered
Registered
PLANNING ON BUYING LMS 8.5 x 20 BECAUSE IT APPEARS TO BE THE MOST CAPABLE FOR THE AVAILABLE SPACE IN MY GARAGE. ONLY HAVE 22 INCHES OF WORKING WIDTH AGAINST THE WALL WITHOUT HITTING IT WITH MY TRUCK. DOES ANYONE HAVE DIRECT EXPERIENCE WITH THIS MACHINE OR KNOW OF ANY WARTS ON IT.

PLANNING ON BUYING LMS 8.5 x 20 BECAUSE IT APPEARS TO BE THE MOST CAPABLE FOR THE AVAILABLE SPACE IN MY GARAGE. ONLY HAVE 22 INCHES OF WORKING WIDTH AGAINST THE WALL WITHOUT HITTING IT WITH MY TRUCK. DOES ANYONE HAVE DIRECT EXPERIENCE WITH THIS MACHINE OR KNOW OF ANY WARTS ON IT.

No experience with it but the overall length is listed as 40", so surely won't fit in your 22" space. The 20 is distance between centers and doesn't include the headstock and tailstock. Even the 7x12 is 27" long, perhaps you can rearrange things so you can make it fit. I know the challenge of that well, I shared a garage with my RF45 clone mill and an 8x14 for years.

Used length-witdth-height designation and should have used length-width- height instead. CORRECTING MYSELF - I have 22 inches of depth [front to back]. No length limit.

ANY EXPERIENCE INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

i too am looking for feedback on this unit. Also, any users in SE Michigan I could contact would be helpful.

Back