need pictures of van norman no 12 speed decal

larryr

Registered
Registered
hi i have a van norman no12 in good condition but its missing the spindle speed decal and the feed rate decal. does anyone know if these are availible anywhere or is there a source of good pictures of these plates.
larryr

If it is just a decal, you should be able to get it reproduced locally. If you can get a good image of the decal there is lots of outfits doing reproduction decals. If you cant find anyone, my brother does them, PM if you need contact details, he ships world wide.

All of the data plates that I've seen are metal (probably zinc), held on with rivets.

IMG_8832.jpg
IMG_8834.jpg
Sorry about the angle on the feed plate, there's a knob in the way.

Cal

IMG_8832.jpg IMG_8834.jpg

All of the data plates that I've seen are metal (probably zinc), held on with rivets.

View attachment 52671
View attachment 52672
Sorry about the angle on the feed plate, there's a knob in the way.

Cal
that is just what im looking for thanks a lot
larryr

- - - Updated - - -

If it is just a decal, you should be able to get it reproduced locally. If you can get a good image of the decal there is lots of outfits doing reproduction decals. If you cant find anyone, my brother does them, PM if you need contact details, he ships world wide.

thanks for the information, i have a guy ive used in the past for race car decals ill try him
larryr

Larry

You can also get the tags reproduced in steel. I had this one done by a lazer engraving shop.
The originals were stamped, but the repro looks pretty good.
This one just needs the corners rounded off, and the holes drilled for the rivets.

20130422_134816.jpg

Last edited:
Back