New edge finder function in incremental mode

Unlogic

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I've come across a problem with the new edge finder function when trying to use it to set the incremental origin position.

When I indicate the left or right edge of a part and select the incremental coordinate system it doesn't actually set the incremental value of X to +/- half the width of the stylus diameter. Instead it sets an incremental value which seems to be based on the value of the absolute coordinate system.

When using the edge finder function to set the origin of the absolute coordinate system everything works as expected.

I've come across a problem with the new edge finder function when trying to use it to set the incremental origin position.

When I indicate the left or right edge of a part and select the incremental coordinate system it doesn't actually set the incremental value of X to +/- half the width of the stylus diameter. Instead it sets an incremental value which seems to be based on the value of the absolute coordinate system.

When using the edge finder function to set the origin of the absolute coordinate system everything works as expected.
I will test this over the weekend. Frankly, I never use it in incremental mode, so it's very possible that I missed a bug.

It probably isn't a very commonly used feature. I use the incremental mode when I need to edge find multiple parts in the same workspace.

Attachments

• PXL_20230702_203302761.jpg
    PXL_20230702_203302761.jpg
    814.7 KB · Views: 39
It probably isn't a very commonly used feature. I use the incremental mode when I need to edge find multiple parts in the same workspace.
Makes sense. I'm cheating a bit bere. I already have the "Plus" version, which has the option to add a sub-datum instead of setting zero.
Incremental mode math is a reach source of bugs for me. I took me weeks to get the tool offsets to work, so I'm not shicker, just disappointed,,,

Only the subject of the plus version Yuri. When do you expect it to be available for purchase?

Any thoughts on the purchase price?

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Good point atunguyd. I wouldn't mind purchasing it before all features are finished just to support the TouchDRO project and help with testing.

Only the subject of the plus version Yuri. When do you expect it to be available for purchase?

Any thoughts on the purchase price?

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
Well, the honest answer is "I don't know". It depends on what features will be in it.
My current plan is to make it available as a free bundle to people who purchased a pre-made adapters from me and see how it goes.
Most of the functionality is already in the app, but for now I hard-coded a fed dozen emails for the "alpha" testers. In a couple of months I will open it up to people who participated in Alpha testing (i.e. provided feedback and/or bug reports), etc.

I will be posting here as it gets closer.

I also use incremental touch finding when playing around a feature (so as not to disturb my absolute datum) and immediately noticed the new mis-behavior with the recent release.

If a fix might be awhile in coming, is there a fairly straightforward way to revert a release? (Not otherwise an Android guy so I’ve no clue.)

thanks, Louis

Louis,
There is no way to revert. Updates are controlled by Google Play Store, and it doesn't have a concept of "rollback".
I will have. a fix in a few weeks (there are quite a few changes in the next build, so I need to test it more).

Regards
Yuriy

Back