New to Honing (Sunnen 1660)

Nice, I worked with Dave Klaus on the LO206 program and tested some of the first ones. I ran a business called Heartbeat Racing that I bought from Kim and Mike Clements who I apprenticed with on engine building. Here's a little picture of the modified 305 we sold.

View attachment 485095

I still have my dyno back in Michigan if you know anybody interested.

John
Very impressive! I met Dave Klaus at PRI several years ago, he was really good for the community. The LO206 is growing super quickly right now - It's affordable, which most kart engine platforms are not.

How many hours did you get out of the 305, before a rebuild?

What type of dyno do you have?

Very impressive! I met Dave Klaus at PRI several years ago, he was really good for the community. The LO206 is growing super quickly right now - It's affordable, which most kart engine platforms are not.

How many hours did you get out of the 305, before a rebuild?

What type of dyno do you have?
Yes, Dave is the real deal. LO206 is the best thing to happen in karts since guys could build their on Mac’s back in the early 80’s.

How much time on the 305’s? Haha, depends on how much nitro they mixed with the methanol. We told them no more than 25% but sometimes the engine would come back to us in little pieces. Usually good for 3 or 4 weekends if they took care of them.

Dyno is a custom built water brake. Very heavy, will send photos if you’re interested.

John

Yes, Dave is the real deal. LO206 is the best thing to happen in karts since guys could build their on Mac’s back in the early 80’s.

How much time on the 305’s? Haha, depends on how much nitro they mixed with the methanol. We told them no more than 25% but sometimes the engine would come back to us in little pieces. Usually good for 3 or 4 weekends if they took care of them.

Dyno is a custom built water brake. Very heavy, will send photos if you’re interested.

John
Copy that on the 305s! That sounds like an expensive platform to run at 40hp.

We're in the process of getting a Hewitt Dyno online. I will follow up with you on the dyno if we cannot get the Hewitt Dyno online.

I gotta say, it's a small world, even online. ;)

Back