New Website with Machinist Resources

davidpbest

H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
As many of you know, I love to churn out write-ups to help others coming up the learning curve. And I have a YouTube channel and an extensive build-log repository. I decided to re-author my website to provide a one-stop access point to get to all this supporting material. So here is the link - and there is an entire section with access points to all my publications, articles, videos and shop build-logs - including my cookbook for download. Always open to feedback.

www.davidpbest.com

Last edited:
What a great public service. Thank you David.

@davidpbest - The link to "Tramming and checking a square column mill for head, table, and quill alignment" is broken.

Looking at your videos, I saw the one on the Ainsworth Garden work. Immediately, I thought I recognized the street-side work. I lived on Burrage, 1/2 block south of Ainsworth. Used Ainsworth frequently in my trips to New Seasons, Freddies, Rite-Aid, etc. Was at the Burrage house 39 yrs. Moved 7 yrs ago. What a coincidence. I had the green Rivett 1020 pictured in my avatar and talked about in my into post in my basement.

My house looks the same, middle of the block, west side, between Ainsworth and Jessup.

Attachments

• DSCN0004.JPG
    DSCN0004.JPG
    657 KB · Views: 42
Grabbed your cookbook and looked at a few of my favorite dishes - they're close enough to what I do that I'll be giving some of the others a try. You are, tragically, missing a Vindaloo recipe...

GsT

Looking at your videos, I saw the one on the Ainsworth Garden work. Immediately, I thought I recognized the street-side work. I lived on Burrage, 1/2 block south of Ainsworth. Used Ainsworth frequently in my trips to New Seasons, Freddies, Rite-Aid, etc. Was at the Burrage house 39 yrs. Moved 7 yrs ago. What a coincidence. I had the green Rivett 1020 pictured in my avatar and talked about in my into post in my basement.

My house looks the same, middle of the block, west side, between Ainsworth and Jessup.
What price fame, huh? LOL

Grabbed your cookbook and looked at a few of my favorite dishes - they're close enough to what I do that I'll be giving some of the others a try. You are, tragically, missing a Vindaloo recipe...

GsT
Care to share your Vindaloo recipe??

Care to share your Vindaloo recipe??
Here's the best I've got so far - it's close to what I want, but not quite there. Still quite good. I usually start by trying a few recipes, pick the one closest to what I'm after, then start adjusting. This is pretty much straight off the site (link in the recipe file) and modified accordingly to reduce spiciness. I love spice, but usually have to adjust downward a little for my wife. Still, even if it was just for me, as originally written I thought the Kashmiri Chili overwhelmed the other flavors.

Attachments

• vindaloo.pdf
    38.6 KB · Views: 57
Back