Off in an hour for the WEEK !

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Love this newer schedule , although I'll do 8 hrs. OT tomorrow night to help out my last trainee . :grin:

Today is your Friday, gotta love the new boss. :encourage:

Today is your Friday, gotta love the new boss. :encourage:
Well , he is a good old friend of mine . :grin: I got more done in the past 4 nights than I have in 3 years , it's nice to have some help with me .

Regardless of how frustrating, you may find that after three or four days you're ready to go back to work. And the spousal unit getting grouchy from having you "underfoot" all the time. About the only time I really enjoyed a vacation was after a month of 84 hour weeks.

I understand that Bill . I'm getting back on my shift that I worked for 15 years , and that my spouse and family are used to . I will be working Sunday thru Thursday nights 11pm - 7am . I am not scheduled for the weekend nights anymore . I always did work Friday and Saturday nights while on this shift for OT and double time . I never missed my kids sports functions , school functions , weddings , funerals , outings , etc . Back then it was 12 and 16 hr shifts , now I'll do 8 so this will be an adjustment for me . I'll be able to do what I was hired to do and not have to babysit the operators any longer . I'll get back into machining and improving performance of the lines . The supervisors being hired will be taking the responsibility of making sure the personel are on the job and doing their job. This has been a huge stress issue for me over these past 3 1/2 years because I had no control over this . I always am willing to work the weekend nights if I have nothing planned , they know that's not an issue . The company has more of a personel issue than a maintenance , machine issue and they are taking steps now to fix it . We have hired 3 mechanics full time in these past 2 weeks . NO MORE TEMPS WITH K-MART TOOLS . I can leave them alone and get on to what I'm suppose to be doing finally . Like I said , I completed jobs that have been in process for going on 3 years now that I couldn't get to . My boss , who formerly I was his boss , understands all this completely and has done a 180 change in policy . I like it . :encourage:

And I do know about these long weeks . 2000 , 2001 , 2002 I averaged 68 hours per week for these years , which basicly works out to 8 hrs. everyday day of the year . I had tons of OT and 2X back in that stage , but I would work 50 straight nights before taking a weekend off . The money and work was good and I never missed events . I still have the calenders showing my hours ! :grin: Guess I can toss them now .

What a relief....

Wasn’t sure if you were just kidding or not but they had “ temps” for mechanics ? It’s sound like retirement is on hold now lol

I'm happy for ya! I hope it all works out like you describe.

Back