Part mounting questions

Lay it on its side,( 90 degrees to the table ) clamp it to the mill table from both ends using the mounting holes in the manifold, make the cut to the center then clamp it from the resurfaced ports ( before removing the outer clamps ) and clean up the outside ports.

Inners are no problem. I’m sure you could pull that off yourself. Just a matter of removing the bellows and then the tiered. They just thread into the racks main shaft. Use lock tire when you go back with them. Blue would suffice. There are several tools that would make the job easier but depending on the vehicle a pipe wrench could work.
All done already. I have done all kinds of things. I just never did inners before. (before those) Drivers inner was pretty much factory tight. Passenger was not as tight, but did not have any play. No way a pipe wrench would fit at all. Since I knew I was doing the job, I bought a clamp to take them off. Kind of like a cross between a muffler clamp and a crow foot wrench. Outers?? Eh, they do tend to wear. Boots were pretty snug, I really didn't check for a lot of wear. They would spin easy in the socket, so while I was there.

BTW the bellows were the tough part. Drivers side was a bear to recrimp the clamp. I couldn't get the tool to reach it well. I just carefully respread and recrimped. Passenger side was rougher. It was under a heat shield so you had even less room to get at it. You sure don't want to leave them loose.

BTW the new parts came with locktite already. THX

BTW no alignment yet. The shop that gave the estimate, missed the intermediate CV shaft was missing the bearing... Completely gone. Shaft on order.

All done already. I have done all kinds of things. I just never did inners before. (before those) Drivers inner was pretty much factory tight. Passenger was not as tight, but did not have any play. No way a pipe wrench would fit at all. Since I knew I was doing the job, I bought a clamp to take them off. Kind of like a cross between a muffler clamp and a crow foot wrench. Outers?? Eh, they do tend to wear. Boots were pretty snug, I really didn't check for a lot of wear. They would spin easy in the socket, so while I was there.

BTW the bellows were the tough part. Drivers side was a bear to recrimp the clamp. I couldn't get the tool to reach it well. I just carefully respread and recrimped. Passenger side was rougher. It was under a heat shield so you had even less room to get at it. You sure don't want to leave them loose.

BTW the new parts came with locktite already. THX

BTW no alignment yet. The shop that gave the estimate, missed the intermediate CV shaft was missing the bearing... Completely gone. Shaft on order.
Yea, those bellow clamps can be a ***** to recrimp. I usually use stainless straps and a tool to pull them tight. IF I can get to them. I know the exact tool you used. I have one also,lol. Does the trick

Yea, those bellow clamps can be a ***** to recrimp. I usually use stainless straps and a tool to pull them tight. IF I can get to them. I know the exact tool you used. I have one also,lol. Does the trick
I have a set of Oetiker clamps and the tool for them. This was in quite a tight place for the tool. No room for it to fit.

Back
Top Bottom