PM-25mv spindle runout specification.

Unix

Registered
Registered
Hello I'm in the market to buy a PM-25mv which I will convert to a CNC.

I wonder what the spindle runout is like on the PM-25mv.
Need the spindle to have a low run out about <= 1 tenth (0.0001") and at least 8-10K RPM.
I know the stock RPM is about 2,500 which is on the low side, however if it has low runout I guess I would able to do some projects with it.

Anyone knows how I can change/modify the spindle to meet my requirements which isn't too expensive? Possibly simply buy and install a BT30 ATC spindle?
I hope I can sell the stock spindle. Anyone bought PM-25mv without the spindle?

Also does anyone know what the spindle runout is like on the G0704?

Thanks for any advice.

Hello I'm in the market to buy a PM-25mv which I will convert to a CNC.

I wonder what the spindle runout is like on the PM-25mv.
Need the spindle to have a low run out about <= 1 tenth (0.0001") and at least 8-10K RPM.
I know the stock RPM is about 2,500 which is on the low side, however if it has low runout I guess I would able to do some projects with it.

Anyone knows how I can change/modify the spindle to meet my requirements which isn't too expensive? Possibly simply buy and install a BT30 ATC spindle?
I hope I can sell the stock spindle. Anyone bought PM-25mv without the spindle?

Also does anyone know what the spindle runout is like on the G0704?

Thanks for any advice.
I can’t answer your questions about this machine but welcome to hobby machinist.

What materials and projects are you planning on for this conversion? Seems like you may be asking quite a bit from hobby level equipment, is it really needed for what you’re planning?

John

Check the CNC in the home shop section of the site for hints about upgrading spindle bearings. The stock ones will not handle those high speeds for very long
This thread has some good info:

Mike's CNC G0704 - Block 4 Upgrades​

Last edited:
Back