Powering tablet and T-DRO with same cable?

RaisedByWolves

Mangler of grammar, off my meds.
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Is there a way to daisy chain power to both devises with one wall wart and one cable?

I would like a clean install for easier cable management.

ASIN B008S2A3KO:

IMG_5662.jpeg

Or a USB charging hub.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

The hub is single power block, y cables may be okay, single cables much more robust.

The hub is single power block, y cables may be okay, single cables much more robust.
Id like to route everything so there will be the minimum chance it comes into contact with anything, so average robustness will suffice.

When you mentioned power block I looked at the one sitting next to me and wondered about chip and coolant intrusion into the open ports.

I need to work out the layout before making a final decision though.

Basically looking for all options and any input appreciated.

I'd get a USB hub with 2 ports, like this: https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Two-Port-Charger-Tablets-Delivery/dp/B087MDRFWW/
If you charge your phone by the mill, go for a 3 or 4 port hub.

Depending on the version of USB that powers the tablet, you might get different ports on the charger. I'd consider 6' (or longer) cables so the charger can be out of the way.
Thanks for the info.

Im trying to keep everything organized as mentioned and cables to a minimum, but I think wither Chazzs suggestion if the Y harness is long enough or maybe this would fit the bill.

I got a nreally nice power strip for the other end of the shop that has an "Always on" socket for the dehumidifier and machines and it worked out great and let me manage cables nicely and Im looking to duplicate that with the always on socket dedicated to T-DRO.

IMG_3225[1].JPG

That's two shop lights, Bandsaw, vacuum for the saw, belt sander, drill press and 2nd power strip for the lathe and other shop tools on the other wall of the room. Im limited to a single duplex outlet in this room for now, so I have to make due like this. So far its working out OK.

Guess I should wipe down the top of the drill press....

Back