Pressurized machine ball oiler tool

Philco

Active User
Registered
I bought this needle fitting to grease the new style grease fittings on automobile u joints which are spring & ball design much like the ball oilers on machines. I was going to install the fitting onto a flexible hose & then adapt the hose to my pump oil can. (It seems like the pump oil cans always leak or quit pumping when they are turned sideways.)
I realized that the needle fitting had the same thread as my sure shot spray can. I installed the needle fitting onto the sure shot sprayer & filled the can about half way with #2 WAY oil , pressurized the can with shop air and tried it on the lathe. This set up worked great & the best part is that you can get both items at any parts store.
I hope this helps others here looking for an easier way to oil you're machines.
Phil

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Neat. Bet that works better than the turkey injector that I'm using. Though it works better now since I modified the tip.

i have a plews pistol type oiler. works great but only has a 4 oz reservoir :angry:

but your idea is better than sliced bread!!!

I will bump this looking for a good oiler this and Reilang is on the top of list. Would like a flexible hose on this.

Back