Riser Block (Clausing 8520)

B

Bill Gruby

Forum Guest
Register Today
I am posting this here so the person looking to add a riser block to his 8520 can find it easier. I will move it later. I don't remember who it was but would like to compare notes with him. Whomever it was please respond.

"Billy G" :anyone:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure am glad you made a thread for this. I saw your earlier post that mentioned this and it had me wondering what you're up to...

Ray;

It is better to have and not need than to need and not have. The extra distance is not needed now but may be later. If it is never needed nothing was lost. It's a win/win situation. The riser block should be no larger that the quill feed, in this case 3". The distance will be increased to a respectable 18.375".
"Billy G" :thinking:

Bill, are you going to try and add a spacer? and would like info?

Whatever - I have some 15-20 pics of adding a spacer to a 8520 Chinese clone that might be helpful if interested.

Another Bill

Yes, pics would help,thanks. There are two locations where the block can be located. One at the top woulld be a round one with no bolt hole, the other at the top of the base would be square requiring 4 bolt holes. Tough call. :lmao:

Well, obviously I used the round version... I had found the piece of drill stem at the scrap yard and it was within about 1/4" of the dia of the column which was nice - though it was pretty nasty cutting and milling it, very stringy, could not get it to make a chip! Made it about 5" which was really too much, 3-4 would have been plenty. I did this in '06 so my memory is a bit fuzzy, but if any questions, ask and I'll see if I can help.

A link to the Picasa web page https://picasaweb.google.com/pace8bellsouth.net/6x26ColumnSpacer

Pacer,

Nice job on the riser. First time I've seen a bipod on an 8520 (clone)! :winner:

Nice job on the riser! I also like the way you mounted your power feed. Now you've given me some ideas for my 8520.

A 3" Riser Block for the 8520 is extremely simple if you use a round one instead of square. Just measure the diameter with the top removed. It will need a 3/4"wall. Put the proper register for the cap (top) and a flange to fit the bottom. The only other thing is finding bolts 3" longer. Piece of cake.
I will get done ASAP.

Pacer:
what kind of a mill (China clone) do you have
tks

Last edited:
Back