Rockwell 21-100 vertical milling machine.

HarryJM

Registered
Registered
Posted a WTB on another forum (OWWM) and picked this one up last Sunday, about 2 hr drive just south of me. Got it dissambled and then caught covid, so no shop time for awhile. Will be replacing all bearings and have decided on GMN KH 6008-2RZ C TAA for the spindle, which are 15 degree angular contact bearings, as another OWWM member did his research and ordered them for his machine awhile back.

Both aluminum gears for the fine feed and head tilting are in good shape with no broken teeth. This machine sat in POs shed as a future project and he bought it from an equipment company up in Virginia and it has a vocational school tag.

So other than some table and hardware rust it is in good shape as far as I'm concerned and I will be cleaning that up prior to assembly.

Rockwell 88-539 1/2 hp 1140 rpm motor will also be dissambled and new bearings installed.
Harry
ps - just remembered that the lock for the fine feed is missing with a big nut in its place.

Attachments

• 20240212_160253.jpg
    20240212_160253.jpg
    831.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    244.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    651.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    339.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Congratulations! Great little mill! I like mine.

Last edited:
Those are great little hobby machines- very desirable on the used market and not easy to find

Congratulations! I am so jealous... those are really nice machines for a hobbyist. I bought one about 20+ years ago and sold it to a friend 10 years ago. I really regret that.

Does anyone know of a source for the gibs on this machine? I ’m missing the saddle one and a table one would work after being cut to length.

Harry

Back