Seneca Falls 9" Lathe

Jeff do you know that the power crossfeed can be engaged when the half nuts are engaged ? & Visa-versa . Yers looks real close to the age my vintage Star is . Be careful with those .
animal

Amazing rebuild. Looks great. How do you deal with the swarf. I’m contemplating making a tray to collect all the swarf and chips.
For now I use an old cookie sheet on top of my tool chest. I am still trying to figure out what to do

Cookie sheets work great , I've had one under my SouthBend for years . Makes it easier to keep different swarf separated . I empty the cookie sheet every time I change material .
animal12

Jeff do you know that the power crossfeed can be engaged when the half nuts are engaged ? & Visa-versa . Yers looks real close to the age my vintage Star is . Be careful with those .
animal
Yes, I read about it on another site when I was restoring it. I drew up a diagram and put by the lathe so when I use it I don't forget. I worry that if I break it I won't be able to find replacement parts. Thanks for the reminder

Yes, I read about it on another site when I was restoring it. I drew up a diagram and put by the lathe so when I use it I don't forget. I worry that if I break it I won't be able to find replacement parts. Thanks for the reminder
The only parts yer gonna find are on Ebay . The part that breaks is pretty simple . I made mine with a hunk of brass & a file in @ 20 minutes .
animal

Back