Spindle Oil

That's cool, you'll have to update this thread and let us know how well it works. Unfortunately I just picked up 2 gallons of mobil velocite 6 at McMaster Carr a couple days ago so it might be a while before I need more.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Mobil 1 is an alternate, not the preferred products which are the SHC 600 series synthetic gear oils. Mobil 1 is typically an engine detergent oil which is not recommended unless using a pressurized oil system with a filter. I have used synthetic Amsoil gear oils in gear head mills and it had less noise and head ran cooler with higher speed. Sythetics are less likely to gum up and have longer change intervals. So definitely a consideration after your machine is broken in. There are some concerns as to more seepage from seals due to their smaller molecular size. I have been using Mobile DTE gear oils and 1409 way oils and in lathes and not had any issues with oil lines gumming up,this issue is may be compounded by lack of use, temperature and change intervals. I change my oils annually more because of moisture build-up as opposed oil longevity. The SHC oils are also 2-3X more expensive then the DTE.

Back