Resolved (Suggestion) require state / city in machine for sale forums

Net30

Registered
Registered
I'm looking for new machines but after 10 mins in the machine for sale forums, I gave up. You have to click on each post and read the entire post to see if the item is within driving distance. Some dont list location in first post so then you end up pages deep to find the guy lives 1000 miles away. That section is unusable as is. I would suggest require state in title description at minimum. If items is able to be shipped, then maybe location not needed but still nice. Also cuts down on the scams on other web forums.

Most if not all of the time the machine is listed in the state where the member is from . This is listed under his user name . If you were selling a machine , I would assume it would be in Columbus Ohio . You could also post in the machines wanted section to let people know what you are interested in .

Wanted ads are free . To post in the for sale sections , you must be a donating member as per H-M policies . These donations help support this sites' expenses .

Thanks for the suggestion. I will put it in the hopper for consideration at a future date. We had tried a Classifieds add-in a few years ago as a test which would have allowed for your suggestion, but the vast majority of the test users didn't like the interface.

For now, any changes to the For Sale forum and associated features will remain unchanged.

I think that would be a good idea. The information is already there at least in most cases. I can.t see why a seller would disagree.

Most if not all of the time the machine is listed in the state where the member is from . This is listed under his user name . If you were selling a machine , I would assume it would be in Columbus Ohio . You could also post in the machines wanted section to let people know what you are interested in .

Wanted ads are free . To post in the for sale sections , you must be a donating member as per H-M policies . These donations help support this sites' expenses .
Is this pc only? I'm on a phone and don't see that info. I did specifically ask the moderator of that forum before I put this post up. I understand I'm new here and it's only a suggestion, but definitely worth considering. It's that way with a lot of other forums/ reddit sale post.

Is this pc only? I'm on a phone and don't see that info. I did specifically ask the moderator of that forum before I put this post up. I understand I'm new here and it's only a suggestion, but definitely worth considering. It's that way with a lot of other forums/ reddit sale post.
I think it is PC or tablet only where you can see avatar and badge info. See examples below:

1708122527376.png

I use phone app too. At least on Tapatalk you can click on persons avatar/ name, and their info will come up. If they listed their state, turn you can narrow down where equipment probably is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back