The last of the 6 spark plugs.

That top side creeper should have had a pad to lay your chest on. I've never used the Vevor one, but without the pad, I agree, it would be useless!

That top side creeper should have had a pad to lay your chest on. I've never used the Vevor one, but without the pad, I agree, it would be useless!
It comes with the pad I just have not screwed it on to the frame yet.

I have NEVER owned a new car or any new automobile.

As far as paint goes I have never had the problems with paint coming off in chunks with foreign vehicles like I have with GM vehicles (I have never owned any Chrysler or less than 50 year old Ford). If my 2003 Maxima can sit in the 300+ days of sunshine a year high desert heat for 5 years parked in the driveway waiting for my daughter to learn to drive without shedding its factory paint why can't a GM vehicle do the same?

I do completely subscribe to your "planned obsolescence" observations of the US auto industry... US industry in general. I honestly believe it extends to the paint and coating department at GM. Pre and Post low VOC paint GM has always had such bad long term paint adhesion issues that it almost has to be engineered into the formulas.

I understand that when you work for a company for decades you hope your quality and craftsmanship ethics extend throughout the company... I am not attacking your ethics, craftsmanship or morals... but planned obsolescence had to be invented in USA. After 17 years of working for a medical/dental services ~800 employee company we were bought out by a ~10,000 employee company which was then sold to a half million employee international corporation, "SunLife". Providing quality health care to patients is now just a punch line found in the company motto!

My father worked for Proto tools... Stanley NHT (National Hand Tools division of Stanley) for more than 30 years. He retired after overseeing the transition of US manufactured hand tools to being outsourced to the same Chinese suppliers that supply Harbor Freight, shutting down pretty much all Stanley US hand tool manufacturing plants... people he worked with (friends) for those 30 years.
I spent a week in Japan in 1990. Isuzu was one of my customers. We supplied the total fuel system to them At that time they were owned by GM. (did I get your attention?) And so was Opel. BTW Opel is as big as GM in Europe.

At the time I was at Isuzu I visited their plant outside of Tokyo. At that time, they did not use the common Clear/Base I mentioned. They actually Powder coated the entire body. During the early 80's the Japanese were just getting into the marketing of their products in the USA. I am not saying Japanese imports were not here before then but not like they are today. IN order to get market penetration, they needed they had to build products superior to the ones that were made in the USA. They could build a better product for less cost simply because of the exchange rate of currency at the time. So, what the American automaker was competing with was "The Exchange Rate" I could go on and on about my life before retirement, but I honestly had to Detox myself from corporate America and just people in general.

All the above being said I am Gona push in the clutch on this post and just try to coast. In other words "Disengage from my past" Life is so much better now that I am no longer employed. Thanks for stopping by.

Back