TouchDRO power supply?

DrChemystery

Registered
Registered
Hi,
I’d like to start off with a big THANK YOU to all who post here. It’s been a huge help for me as I’ve contemplated different DRO systems. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered Ditron 5um magnetic scales, a 10” Fire tablet, and (of course) the TouchDRO adapter. These will go on an old Bridgeport J head mill. One of the last things to buy while waiting for everything to arrive is a power supply. I’ve read a number of comments about noise and ground issues. I’ve got a number of LED and halogen lights in my garage along with a Reliance Electric SP500 VFD. LEDs and VFDs seem to be the cause of lots of noise issues from what I’ve read.

I know I need a power supply with 7-12 VDC. I’ve also read somewhere that some folks have ruined TouchDRO boards with too high a voltage. A few wall warts of 7.5 VDC I’ve seen for sale online have “no load” voltages close to (or above) 13. Should I be worried about using one of those because of that high no load voltage? I’d rather spend the money once and buy a power supply that will negate or alleviate the noise issue rather than randomly buying five cheaper power supplies that have issues with noise or possible dangerous voltage. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong type of wall wart(?)

I’d love to get some advice on what power supply would work best for my situation (Ditron magnetic scales, VFD, LED lights).
Thanks,
Chris

Hi Yuriy,
I feel honored that you replied personally to my post! AND a free power supply???? It's like Christmas in May :) I really appreciate your help and I can't wait to get everything set up! I'm a retired high school chemistry teacher and I love to tinker in the garage and this project will keep me busy and happy for a long time.
Take care,
Chris

Back