Resolved trouble uploading jpegs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey

Platinum
Staff member
Rest In Peace
In the past, I could attach a jpeg from my desktop so I could insert it into a post but now I cannot. The jpeg does not show up in the upload window that displays the files on my desktop, even though it is there. jpeg is a supported file type according to the upload window so I can't figure out why I'm having issues now.

Anything I can do on my end? There are times when I like to post a pic to illustrate a point.

Thanks for your attention,

Mike

Describe what happens after you click the Attach files button.

By "desktop", do you mean a desktop computer (or the hard drive within it) or what Microsoft calls the "desktop" and has a special key to bring to the top. Storing files (photos) so that they (or their filenames) on the "desktop" has never been a common practice and takes extra and unnecessary work.

What machine, OS and browser are you using?

Upvote 0
After I click the attach button, I can browse files on my desktop. In the past, any jpegs I put on the desktop showed up in the list of files that can be downloaded to the HM server. Now, my jpegs do not show up so I cannot choose them for download.

I am using a 2017 Alienware laptop running Windows 10 with Firefox as my browser.

Upvote 0
Try moving the files into a folder that File Explorer (formerly Windows Explorer) shows as being on the C:, D:, etc. drive on your local machine. Then click Attach files and look for the .JPG's there. Files don't really belong on the Desktop. So a lot of software (including on my XP machine and my wife's Windows 10 machine) won't see them there.

Upvote 0
Okay, thank you. I'll reorganize how I access my pics. Funny, it worked for me until HM upgraded their software.

Upvote 0
OK. There have been a number of issues since the upgrade. We've been trying to work them as they crop up.

Bear in mind that I can't guarantee that this will correct your problem. But it is the way that I have always done it (I'm old school) and I have not had any problems doing it this way.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I suspect this issue is due to the software upgrade. Therefore, I will alter my habits and live with it. Thanks for your help, Sir.

Upvote 0
You're welcome. If that doesn't work, please let us know.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back