Update DRO System on Wells Index Milling Machine

wachuko

Professor of Pending Projects
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Yuriy,

Will I be able to use the Mitutoyo AT103 Linear Scales currently on my milling machine, with your system??

IMG_5092.jpeg

IMG_5087.jpeg

IMG_4872.jpeg

I need to get all the specs as they connect via some special adaptors... I will be in Ocala tonight and can look at the specifications on the adapter and the scales... Would be nice not having to replace them.

I will just need to get one more for the Z-axis... which brings me to the next question: Can I mix scales? Those Mitutoyo are expensive! Not looking to buying one for the Z-axis if I can use a different (much, much less expensive brand).

Also, guessing because I can't seem to be able to confirm with the few searches I have done, these AT103 are glass scales, correct??

Last edited:
Yuriy,

Will I be able to use the Mitutoyo AT103 Linear Scales currently on my milling machine, with your system??

View attachment 455479

View attachment 455478
View attachment 455477

I need to get all the specs as they connect via some special adaptors... I will be in Ocala tonight and can look at the specifications on the adapter and the scales... Would be nice not having to replace them.

I will just need to get one more for the Z-axis... which brings me to the next question: Can I mix scales? Those Mitutoyo are expensive! Not looking to buying one for the Z-axis if I can use a different (much, much less expensive brand).

Also, guessing because I can't seem to be able to confirm with the few searches I have done, these AT103 are glass scales, correct??
Hi,
It's very unlikely that you will be able to make these work with TouchDRO. Older scales used all sorts of interesting protocols and connection schemes, and many Mitutoyo scales used their "Digimatic" protocol, rather than quadrature.

Regards
Yuriy

Thank you for the answer.

Back