Vintage Racing British Cars

I've had an addiction to MGB's since 1976. I've owned over 60 of them through the years, some got bought and sold, some got bought, fixed and sold, some got cut up for parts and sold. I have one left a 1970 GT.

Starting in the late 1970's and through the 80's I raced them in the north east.

View attachment 409044

Not much to look at, but it did OK. I didn't own a trailer, so I would drive it to the tracks, put on the slicks, take off the glass and go racin'. The photo above is from Bridgehampton.
I love the old school approach to racing, drive it to the track and race it! Now days the cars are so high strung that driving them on the streets isn't practical.
Main thing is having fun.
Richard

Yes it is. And the hills and such keep it fairly cool, always seems to be a bit of a breeze. Lots of new construction, I'm afraid one day it will all look like something down by Atlanta.
Hope you're wrong, but I suspect you're right. Headed our way, too. It's already moving our direction. Sixty miles east of Atlanta and right off of I-20. We're in the crosshairs. But fortunately for us, we're about twelve miles out right in the heart of farm country. Fingers crossed.

Regards

A lot of farm land around here has turned into neighborhoods. Shopping centers. And much traffic with idiots on phones.

Back