Walker Floor Jack Rebuild/Resto

RandyM

Mr. Deliberate
H-M Supporter Gold Member
My Walker jack sprung an oil leak. So, I decided to fix it. In my true over the top style, I did a full restoration as well. It really did need the attention. Here is what I started with.

DSC03687.JPGDSC03688.JPGDSC03693.JPGDSC03694.JPGDSC03695.JPG

I also needed to make a couple of tools. One to remove the tank nut, and one to compress the pump spring. Turns out the tank nut really didn't want to come off. The tool just wasn't gonna cut it. Had to use an 18 in pipe wrench and 8-foot cheater bar. Even then I almost didn't get it to come apart. Did use the tool to reassemble though.

DSC03696.JPGDSC03697.JPGDSC03698.JPG

I made a cap for the end of the handle and a rubber pad for the cradle. The pad is a bailer belt from a tractor store. Got a new stainless u-joint. Here is the finished result. I am really happy with how it turned out.

Walker Floor Jack 13.JPGWalker Floor Jack 14.JPGWalker Floor Jack 15.JPGWalker Floor Jack 16.JPGWalker Floor Jack 17.JPGWalker Floor Jack 18.JPGWalker Floor Jack 19.JPGWalker Floor Jack 20.JPGWalker Floor Jack 21.JPGWalker Floor Jack 22.JPGWalker Floor Jack 23.JPGWalker Floor Jack 24.JPGWalker Floor Jack 25.JPG

I need to rebuild two LARIN floor jacks (HNY-6000). Mfg says "We regret to inform you that the model you have inquired about has been discontinued, parts are no longer available." I could probably measure the old parts, but none of the rebuild kits include any dimensions.
Where do I go from here????
tia

Where do I go from here????
tia
I ran into the same thing. I could find no easy way so I measured and went looking. Surprisingly I found many parts on eBay. The biggest down side was some items like o-rings I may have needed one but had to buy 25-50. Labeled a few bags and set aside extras for repairs later and other projects. They don’t take up much room.

If I had a single suggestion it would be to earmark all the parts before buying. There is bound to be one or two hard to find parts. Until you find them all, I wouldn’t buy any.

A good hydrolic supply house may have seals

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Back