Wet Wheel Grinder

November X-ray

Active User
Registered
I built this using the original motor and switch off of my 9 x 20 lathe leftover from a VFD/3 phase install.

wet wheel grinder.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
It runs about 110 rpm, I still need to finish the grinding guides and belt guards, but this is a low priority for me at this time.

I built this using the original motor and switch off of my 9 x 20 lathe leftover from a VFD/3 phase install.
---i can see from your picture that you have purchased and enco carbide tool grinder. i have done the same but have not had a chance to set mine up as yet. what is your opinion of the enco grinder?? iam still in process of making a table for the grinders i have. re steve in mont.

thats nice and sharpening would be slow well controlled and cool and i see you have what looks to be a leather wheel
ok i have a novic question
what is it best used for
would this be for the final sharpening of your lathe tools or more for knife type edges?
steve

---i can see from your picture that you have purchased and enco carbide tool grinder. i have done the same but have not had a chance to set mine up as yet. what is your opinion of the enco grinder?? iam still in process of making a table for the grinders i have. re steve in mont.

Steve - it is not an ENCO, but a Harbor Frieght Special (probably the same unit) that I got for around 160 bucks new. I squared up the tables and bought a couple of good wheels for it and it works very well for my uses, but I cannot say if it is as good as a Baldor because I have never used a Baldor unit.

thats nice and sharpening would be slow well controlled and cool and i see you have what looks to be a leather wheel
ok i have a novic question
what is it best used for
would this be for the final sharpening of your lathe tools or more for knife type edges?
steve

I mainly use the wet wheel to sharpen wood working tools and kitchen knives since my wife continually insist on using glass cutting boards instead of the wooden ones we have!

Back