Lathe quick change tool rack brand and model size discussion survey

a smile

Registered
Registered
At present, I am making some lathe tool holders and tool holders, and want to know the brand, model, size and other information of the tool holders used by other friends, as well as the defects and advantages of various designs. I hope more people can participate in the discussion, so that I can get more information and improve my design.

I am using the product produced in Switzerland now, and it is very strange that the V slot spacing is 99.70mm. I have asked my friends in Canada that the V slot spacing they use is 100.00mm, what causes the size difference? Do you use different size data for different markets?
2021_06_06_14_03_IMG_8498.JPG
2021_06_05_22_04_IMG_8482.JPG

2021_06_01_21_52_IMG_8354.JPG

Is anyone willing to tell me the signal and brand you use, preferably with specific sizes.

2020_12_21_20_23_IMG_3507.JPG
2021_02_27_11_40_IMG_4873.JPG

I have looked up some toolstands such as Dickson Aloris Tripan Multiquick Multifix Rapido, does anyone here happen to have one of these toolstands and have some PDF information that they would like to share?

If you go to Shars.com and search either “quick change tool post” or “quick change tool holder” you can get the dimensions of Aloris, Shars, and Dorian products

Aloris clone 0Xa size here, they are easy to get and cheap

That looks like a copy of the Dickson toolpost, I have seen many copies of the Dickson and some are close to the same measurements, but close is close.
Not all toolholders are interchangeable, I have a couple of sizes of Dickson toolpost and one that is similar but slightly different in size and even the one that is different in size came with two different size toolholders, one size fit the tool post the other didn't and also didn't fit the Dickson toolpost.

There are a couple of Italian copies of the Dickson toolpost and one of them the toolholders are interchangeable with the Dickson.

Personally I like the Dickson style quick change toolpost, they are solid, repeatable and available here in New Zealand.

Kiwi

Back