Function buttons for "horizontal mill" machine type

MidniteMachinist

Registered
Registered
I noticed that the Horizontal Mill machine type only has "hole circle" and "hole grid" function buttons. I have all the function button options toggled on in the settings (edge finder, tool height, radius compensation, height compensation, etc.), but they don't show in the display. Vertical mill type has all the buttons, but not horizontal.

Would it be possible to add them? Or, barring that, just have a single "3-axis Mill" option for machine type, instead of vertical and horizontal? Given that you can assign any input to any axis readout, I don't see the need for the different mill options.

I've got a universal head mill, and switch between vertical and horizontal mode often. I use all the same functions in both modes, especially the edge finding. I just use 2 configurations with the vertical machine type, with the input prefixes for the Y and Z axes swapped.

I noticed that the Horizontal Mill machine type only has "hole circle" and "hole grid" function buttons. I have all the function button options toggled on in the settings (edge finder, tool height, radius compensation, height compensation, etc.), but they don't show in the display. Vertical mill type has all the buttons, but not horizontal.

Would it be possible to add them? Or, barring that, just have a single "3-axis Mill" option for machine type, instead of vertical and horizontal? Given that you can assign any input to any axis readout, I don't see the need for the different mill options.

I've got a universal head mill, and switch between vertical and horizontal mode often. I use all the same functions in both modes, especially the edge finding. I just use 2 configurations with the vertical machine type, with the input prefixes for the Y and Z axes swapped.
I really need to rename horizontal mill to "Surface Grinder". Vertical mill setup is much better suited for a horizontal mill.

Back