HF grinder stand junk

https://hftools.com/app68321

I fell for it....I bought one. I needed a stand for my Kalamazoo belt sander that I use for nearly all my deburring work.

The thing is garbage. The hole in the base is tapered and only goes halfway down. It's sort of close to the right size at the bottom but there is a huge amount of room at the top. So much slop that the tube can tilt dramatically so the only thing holding the tube straight is the stupid locking bolts. Crazy.

The top of the tube isn't much better.

This morning I finally fixed it. I was all excited to throw the base in my 16" swing lathe..... it was an inch to big on the swing!

I threw the base on the mill and roughly dialed in the top hole and bored it all the way through with the boring head. I absolutely love my boring heads. They are so much fun to use.

Anyway... if you make the mistake of buying this raging piece of cr*p, it is great practice to bore it out and slide that tube further in so it will not flop sideways while your grinding.

On top I drilled a hole to catch a pointed set screw so it cannot push away and slip over the top. View attachment 488982

Like I said...garbage...until you fix it. Then it's okay. I love having it on the dolly. It can't be in the way for long.
I did the same. I fell for the grizzly version. What a piece of ****. Excuse my language. I did finally find a decent stand for my tool grinder. Ordered one from Trick-Tools.com. Thing is a beast. Heavy duty and made in America

The specs on that thing are funny. The shipping weight is 44 pounds, but the product weight is only 27 pounds. Perhaps some of the "heft" for the base was erroneously used for the shipping material!

Product Weight 27.2 lb.
Shipping Weight 43.88 lb

Here’s a picture
at 2 bills, I think the kit would be fine. I have time being retired. At anyrate, I would make my own. I originally made a turntable grinding station, but eventually found it to be too much space with too little gained. So I wall mounted mine. in a dust collecting box.

Back