What Did You Buy Today?

Dirty machine shop auctions are the very best! I've gotten some amazing deals from them in my time. Nice clean well organised shops I do ok on, but never the :oops: that I get from dirty ones
I picked it up this morning and spent a couple of hours cleaning it with mineral spirits and a couple of different brushes.
Got most of the grunge and "nastyphilis" off of it so I don't feel the need to wear a hazmat suit to use it.
Need to find a small chuck or two for it now.
BTW, it's a 12" not a 10".

Attachments

• 4152024142516.jpg
    4152024142516.jpg
    886.7 KB · Views: 23
Picked up a 2" digital mic, and a set of precision squares. The mic is an inexpensive purchase to see if I like the concept. Seems to be decent quality, will see how the battery life is and check it out for accuracy. Non machinist related, but got this Ruger target pistol from a neighbor. For $100 I couldn't say no.View attachment 490103View attachment 490104View attachment 490105 Mike
I've got some Dasqua 25, 50, 75 blocks and as far as I've been able to tell, they're really good.

Be interesting to hear how you find the digital mic.

Now, for all it's faults, I do love my country but being in possession of that little .22 rimmie pistol without a section 5 firearms licence (that's the licence that used to be only for things like machine guns and rocket launchers), can carry a maximum sentence of 10 years!

That was the result of the Dunblane massacre.

Also, because Michael Ryan (someone who the police had been warned about by his gun club), lost his mind, the idiots who drafted the knee jerk legislation in 1988, decided that the only small rimfire cartridge that would ever exist will have a .22 projectile.

So here in the UK we're allowed semi-auto .22 LR and .22 WMR rifles (oh and of course, the mighty .22 Short:grin:), but not .17 HM2 or .17 HMR.

When the French have more liberal firearms laws then you, you know something's amiss. :confused:

$200 worth of green plastic . :rolleyes: Ready to re-install tomorrow . I will not allow anyone to open this damn thing again .

Attachments

• IMG_1321.JPG
    IMG_1321.JPG
    293.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1322.JPG
    IMG_1322.JPG
    341 KB · Views: 10
I've got some Dasqua 25, 50, 75 blocks and as far as I've been able to tell, they're really good.

Be interesting to hear how you find the digital mic.

Now, for all it's faults, I do love my country but being in possession of that little .22 rimmie pistol without a section 5 firearms licence (that's the licence that used to be only for things like machine guns and rocket launchers), can carry a maximum sentence of 10 years!

That was the result of the Dunblane massacre.

Also, because Michael Ryan (someone who the police had been warned about by his gun club), lost his mind, the idiots who drafted the knee jerk legislation in 1988, decided that the only small rimfire cartridge that would ever exist will have a .22 projectile.

So here in the UK we're allowed semi-auto .22 LR and .22 WMR rifles (oh and of course, the mighty .22 Short:grin:), but not .17 HM2 or .17 HMR.

When the French have more liberal firearms laws then you, you know something's amiss. :confused:
Here in the "STATES" we have a variety of small hand held fire arms, in pistols .22 to .50 and in rifles..... well .17 to 20mm...o_O seriously 3000 yard range, 1600 grain bullet, 3300 ft per second.... 20mm

Back