What to do with these

shell70634

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I bought these at a yard sale. The model 387 is operational. I haven't checked the others but neither are in good shape. I don't sharpen saw blades so I'm wondering what I can make them into. I paid scrap prices so I'll only have my time into them,
sharpener 1.jpeg
sharpener 3.jpeg

sharpener 2.jpeg
grinder one.jpeg
grinder two.jpeg

Nice score, They can make you beer money all week.
The 387 will file bandsaw blades as well as handsaws, the 357 is for carbide and high speed steel circular saw blades up to 30” diameter.
My 357 had arbors for grinding end mills. I sold it last year and bought a KO Lee surface /tool grinder.
Martin

Nice score. I have a pair those that have been sitting in storage for years. I pulled one out the other day because I needed to tune up a carbide tipped boring bar, and it was the only thing I had with the right type of wheel. Worked just fine, but the bearings are dryer than a popcorn fart. Ordered a pair of Timken bearings for it on ebay for $13. Mike

How could those not be repurposed into tool and cutter grinders? And at a “You Suck” prices? He shoots, he scores!
I like that idea also. I have an old B&D valve grinder that I plan to convert to a Cutter grinder when I get the other 10,000 items on my 2-do list completed. .

The 387 has potential for any woodworker trying to use hand saws. I had the whole setup, and eventually sold it off to focus on woodworking more intently.
DanK

Back