What Did You Buy Today?

Heck I am in Virginia so closer than Dave. :big grin:
Carp! You are correct… in the phone, unless I orient it horizontally, I can’t see location! He is in Maryland!

We are going to the Thomas Jefferson Monticello vineyard tomorrow and we head back Friday morning to Ocala…

I guess it was wishful thinking…

You are in Northern VA it sounds like. I am closer to Tennessee.

Today I bought 20 of these guys
1715831601198.png
I am planning on turning them into a functional replacement for this.
1715831664064.jpeg

This is an injector holder for a 50 year old EFI intake manifold.
The stock injectors are difficult to obtain ($80 each) so the idea is to modify it for a more mainstream injector. Ford injector, to be exact. ($15 each).

I don't need 20 of them. I just need 6 (2 per car) but while I'm at it, I might as well make some for others.

Here in the "STATES" we have a variety of small hand held fire arms, in pistols .22 to .50 and in rifles..... well .17 to 20mm...o_O seriously 3000 yard range, 1600 grain bullet, 3300 ft per second.... 20mm
I have a fair to middling (but still sketchy) idea of your firearms laws due to watching Ian McCollum's videos. ;)

To be fair, if a Brit can demonstrate a good reason for owning a bolt action 20mm rifle (well, non-semi-auto really, but I don't know of another action that's going to take the chamber pressures involved), that would be section 1 licence and perfectly fine to own.

.50 rifles, whilst not commonplace amongst firearms owners here, weren't unknown when I was shooting. However, the number of ranges big enough were few enough then and I daresay there are less now.

Getting a section 1 licence and adding firearms to that licence basically comes down to:

Do you appear to the firearms licensing officer to be of good character?

Have you avoided being convicted of any offence where the sentence is a custodial one (not sure about that, might be a custodial sentence of more than some short period)

Have you managed to avoid any consistent/long-lasting craziness?

Have you got access to the space to safely shoot the firearms you want?

Can you safely and securely store the firearms you want?

Are the firearms section 1 firearms?

Does the usage you've got in mind, fit into the 'good reason' principle (stuff like fox/deer/small game control, target shooting, work, historical collection; note self-defence isn't one of these, although, if you do legally own a firearm for the other 'good reasons', a firearm could be legitimatlely used for self defence as long as you can demonstrate that, at the time you reasonably believed the life of you or others was threatened).

I'm not a citizen of the US, I don't live in the US, and I know for sure that the cultural background of most UK citizens, me included, is markedly different to that of US citizens, so I've always refused to speculate on the rights and wrongs of US gun legislation; not my place to do so.

As to the situation in the UK, honestly, I'm happy with the basic principles behind our firearms legislation.

What I loathe is the knee-jerk, idiotic specific restrictions that come from politicians and civil servants, who know nothing about firearms, firearms safety, and, it would appear, how to write decent legislation. Stuff like the centrefire semi-auto ban and the wholesale ban on pistols is just illogical.

As many on here will be aware, a bolt action .223 rifle in the right (or more appropriately in this context, wrong) hands, could kill enough unprepared people to make the difference between it and a semi-auto .223 not markedly significant to public safety. The fact that our Olympic pistol shooters (if there are any left these days) have to travel abroad to train, needs no commentary.:dunno::confused:.

Anyway, I've rambled on for far too long. Sorry! :oops::big grin:

I'm an hour north of the bridge . The wife and daughter are down in northern Virginia for 2 days . Can't say why , but I'm getting lots of work completed . :grin:

@SouthernChap

Try having a police Rifle pointed directly in your direction after someone tried breaking through a friends front door whilst you were there. Not fun, but the Officers were more than happy to talk once they realised there was no threat. Nice weaponry too, but I wouldn't want to see the barrel from that perspective again anytime soon..

As for our gun laws, they need to be looked at again and tightened up around unlicensed weapon offences.

@SouthernChap

Try having a police Rifle pointed directly in your direction after someone tried breaking through a friends front door whilst you were there. Not fun, but the Officers were more than happy to talk once they realised there was no threat. Nice weaponry too, but I wouldn't want to see the barrel from that perspective again anytime soon..

As for our gun laws, they need to be looked at again and tightened up around unlicensed weapon offences.
Heh, I've had MP5s pointed at me by armed response officers twice.:grin:

If you're lamping rabbits and there's an idiot who's just moved to be 'out in the country' who sees you wandering round a field at night with a rifle, they'll call the police.

If the landowner who gave you permission to shoot on their land doesn't answer the phone when the police call them to check (often done in rural areas), they'll send out an armed response unit.

As long as you're friendly and make sure your weapon is on the deck when you see them approach, the tooled up coppers in Gloucestershire are okay. They seemed to need a bit more muzzle discipline training, mind you. ;)

Our gun rights came out of the need to free us from a overbearing government. Worked very well. Many cherish that right and don't want to have it infringed on.

If those that make laws think we should get rid of guns then I believe they should start the trend and eliminate the ones around them that protects them. So far none are willing to do that. Kinda of like the ones flying around in private jets too green house gas summits, or demanding we go to battery powered vehicles. Don't see them leading by example and I'm not talking about token photo moments. Reminds me of the transportation guy that pretended to ride his bike to work.

Back