What Did You Buy Today?

Our gun rights came out of the need to free us from a overbearing government. Worked very well. Many cherish that right and don't want to have it infringed on.

If those that make laws think we should get rid of guns then I believe they should start the trend and eliminate the ones around them that protects them. So far none are willing to do that. Kinda of like the ones flying around in private jets too green house gas summits, or demanding we go to battery powered vehicles. Don't see them leading by example and I'm not talking about token photo moments. Reminds me of the transportation guy that pretended to ride his bike to work.
Not to be political but as a side interest we have the second amendment to our Constitution and when there is doubt about what it means one only needs to look up federalist paper number 46 and read it, specifically the last 3 paragraphs if one doesn't want to read the entire document.

I have a fair to middling (but still sketchy) idea of your firearms laws due to watching Ian McCollum's videos. ;)

To be fair, if a Brit can demonstrate a good reason for owning a bolt action 20mm rifle (well, non-semi-auto really, but I don't know of another action that's going to take the chamber pressures involved), that would be section 1 licence and perfectly fine to own.
There are plenty of 20mm Oerlikon Cannons that are full auto capable. At one time the battleship USS Texas had 44 of them. https://www.detailedpedia.com/wiki-Oerlikon_20_mm_cannon

Yeah but the 20mm Anzio is the first anti material rifle of that size built specifically for the civilian market, its a shoulder perched magazine fed rifle.....
Yeah, I looked that up today whilst checking to see if there was a relatively readily available civilian 20mm bolt action rifle.

Looks a little 'bumpy' on the shoulder. :grin:

Yeah but the 20mm Anzio is the first anti material rifle of that size built specifically for the civilian market, its a shoulder perched magazine fed rifle.....
Yeah, just making the point that there are 20mm guns that aren't bolt action. The Oerlikon is definitely not a shoulder fired weapon. It takes two strong men to lift the bare gun onto its mount. Probably 150 pounds without the magazine.

Yeah, just making the point that there are 20mm guns that aren't bolt action. The Oerlikon is definitely not a shoulder fired weapon. It takes two strong men to lift the bare gun onto its mount. Probably 150 pounds without the magazine.
I don't think a UK firearms licensing officer would allow you to put one of those on a section 1 license.
:angry no:

:grin::grin::grin:

@SouthernChap

Try having a police Rifle pointed directly in your direction after someone tried breaking through a friends front door whilst you were there. Not fun, but the Officers were more than happy to talk once they realised there was no threat. Nice weaponry too, but I wouldn't want to see the barrel from that perspective again anytime soon..

As for our gun laws, they need to be looked at again and tightened up around unlicensed weapon offences.

Had a pump shotgun pointed at me from about 20’ by a 17 year very nervous (and poorly trained) guard while telling him to stand down from a false alarm security alert shipboard (ammunition ship so we took it seriously when a watch member didn’t report in on time): was happy I was wearing khakis.

happy I was wearing khakis.
Commissioned? NCO?
I used to volunteer to walk shore patrol in Subic. Shootings were fairly rare but a machete was the weapon of choice for the locals. Teenage sailors/marines and cheap alcohol leads to lots of confrontations. All Navy officers were required to qualify with a .45. I could do more damage throwing it at someone than shooting at them! I had to wear one when accompanying a courier. Military paid in cash and someone had to bring it aboard. Cash pay for 5000+ was a considerable sum.

Commissioned? NCO?
I used to volunteer to walk shore patrol in Subic. Shootings were fairly rare but a machete was the weapon of choice for the locals. Teenage sailors/marines and cheap alcohol leads to lots of confrontations. All Navy officers were required to qualify with a .45. I could do more damage throwing it at someone than shooting at them! I had to wear one when accompanying a courier. Military paid in cash and someone had to bring it aboard. Cash pay for 5000+ was a considerable sum.

Commissioned, I was the Command Duty Officer (basically Captain when he wasn’t onboard) and this kid was refusing to stand down: scariest minute of my life.

Back