2 is 1

Batmanacw

Registered
Registered
One is none.

I trashed a 4" 1/16" slitting saw today. My part moved and the teeth on the saw didn't like it. If it wasn't for the spare I had, the project would have been over. I had a nos 6" slitting saw on hand so I was very, very lucky.

$25 for a NOS Morse brand slitting saw on Ebay. 5" diameter, 1/16" wide, 1" bore. Better pick out a second spare while I'm at it.

Someday soon you might not be able to order a new one to be delivered the next day. Putting away a bit of extra tooling is like a savings plan for when things get more expensive, or hard to get, or when you just need to get through a job.

I had to shorten a 1/8" npt tap the other day and was ready to order a few more, and then found 3 more hiding in my collection. Probably should have ordered some more anywho. Mike

Last edited:
I had to shorten a 1/8" npt tape the other day and was ready to order a few more, and then found 3 more hiding in my collection. Probably should have ordered some more anywho. Mike
If I order more taps I'm usually concentrating on spiral point and spiral taps to grow my collection of better quality machine taps.

Back