2015 POTD Thread Archive

Thanks bob, have you ever used . 7075? I don't recall if you said you did. It's insane lol, it's that good, chips actually break when roughing, when I roughed the bore I did .100 doc .050 per side, small steel like chips were pouring out, like wow, the only time it was stringy is when the doc was low like finish depths, when I parted it off it was 1 long chip, probably because of the grind on my blade, need some gt2 inserts.

Rmw, your right, once I get it done I'll start a new thread on it, but for now I'll keep the updates here, I sometimes go 4-5 days without ever looking at a different thread, I just refresh this page on my phone, then it's like oh I should go check the rest of the forum see if there's anything I can chime in on.

not project of the day, not even of the year - this is a cable stop I made summer 2014 so I could run a full cable outer for my front mech. I didn't put it on then thinking that it would force me to get my anodising set up running. Well, that didn't work so well and I was getting peed off with crappy shifting so on it goes.IMG_4433.JPG IMG_4434.JPG
at the same time I made front and rear mud guard brackets IMG_4435.JPG IMG_4436.JPG IMG_4437.JPG

and last project of the year :) More LED shop lights. Found some of that alu shelving support in the garden (!) which made making the lights super easy. Cost was perhaps $5 each and took me about 4h for all of them - a large chunk of which was wiring the chain into an existing light as they're all run off the same light socket.

This one is for the 2nd work/ storage room which is really poorly lit, especially when it's cold and the lone CFL in there doesn't want to work much
IMG_4438.JPG
CFL alone
IMG_4439.JPG
both on
IMG_4440.JPG
LED only
IMG_4441.JPG IMG_4442.JPG

two lights for down the side of the garage where we store various camping and other stuffIMG_4443.JPG IMG_4444.JPG IMG_4445.JPG

Made a mount for the baldor 3/4 hp DC motor and mounted it on the TH42.

Installed the reversing switch in the control head.

With any luck, it will be wired up and running tomorrow.

:)

Gotta say, that Baldor DC motor absolutely dwarfs the 1/8 hp ac motor that the lathe came with....

A little touch up and add the cutting tool holder and my radius cutter will be completeView attachment 118136
That is a thing of beauty! I have not seen one like that but I need to make one. This really deserves a separate thread with detailed instructions. This will be my next project!
R

Back