2017 POTD Thread Archive

That looks like it should move some air. Nice job. Mike

The stars, the employment schedule, and the weather were all in my favor today, and I finally got a coat of grey on Tony Wells air receiver!
View attachment 232219
It's sitting under the A frame waiting on him now.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
I wish I had one of those. My 60 gal upright has a hole in the bottom and no money to buy another tank.

Bill, put a self tapping sheet metal screw in the bottom of your tank to fix the leak, I have 5 in mine. I fixed another one by rotating the tank 180 degrees and welding a 3/16 x 3 inch piece of strip steel the full length and it has been working for the last 20 years.

Bill, put a self tapping sheet metal screw in the bottom of your tank to fix the leak, I have 5 in mine. I fixed another one by rotating the tank 180 degrees and welding a 3/16 x 3 inch piece of strip steel the full length and it has been working for the last 20 years.

That is frightening :eek: I guess you can't argue with success :cautious:

While working as a Millwright I spotted a oxygen bottle standing unsupported in the middle of an open area.
As bottles should be properly located and tied off I went over to see what was going on.
There was something strange about it's appearance as I got closer.
Seems a new BM apprentice had been sent for more oxygen but couldn't figure how to get the bottle raised to the upper elevations.
So he welded a picking eye on a full bottle of oxygen.
Nice looking weld but now people were afraid to even open the valve to empty it as the changing stress could cause a failure.

A main part of our culture here is to not criticize others.

However using self tapping screws to plug corroded holes in a receiver makes me think bad things could happen. If the area is continuing to corrode and eventually looses grip on the fastener, it seems to me we sort of have an air rifle in the making.

Now I can't argue with success, but I would certainly reconsider.

David

Back