2023 Pass Around Box Mega Thread

I e had where they marked delivered I get a email saying delivered. But I’m sitting on the couch watching my mailbox and the mail hasn’t been delivered. Called them and explained and was told “ sometimes driver mark delivered when they load their trucks for the day then go about their business. I told them that’s not how it should work. There is a bar scan on my mailbox when package is delivered you scan the tag and mark delivered. That checks and balance. She says ya that’s what they’re supposed to do but they don’t. Wtf now i understand
That's how they meet their SLA. Mark a bunch of packages delivered and then later on go back and mark them out for delivery.

I have a $1280 item floating around somewhere in Kansas since 1/2/24 . Says it's in transit . I guess the roads are still snow covered ?

That's how they meet their SLA. Mark a bunch of packages delivered and then later on go back and mark them out for delivery.
I like the carriers required to take a picture of the package on my front porch.

I like when my ring doorbell videos them throwing the bag on the porch then they take a picture of a safe delivery.

I like when my cameras see the driver pull up, watch him walk to my porch, place the item down. take a picture and ring my doorbell.

Well, USPS called today but of course I was in a meeting with my boss. They said the driver couldn't fit in the box so they left it in front of my house. It wasn't there on Saturday and it sure wasn't there when I checked again today.

I'll reach out to them tomorrow and let them know I have video with no sign of any USPS personnel dropping anything in front of my house (I did review my camera). Maybe if I show up there with my co-worker who sends stuff out from there all the time they'll find it on the floor of one of their trucks.

@DiscoDan, you'll probably have to file the official lost package report.

If it doesn't show up I'll see what I can do to find a suitable box that will fit inside a flat rate and keep it going. Not sure what else to do.

John

Do you have a porch pirate that's built like an East German Olympic shotputter running around the neighborhood? Because I can't see the usual scrawny drug-addled fraudster types running off with that box...

Or since there is no video of the delivery or pirate maybe the driver decided that something that heavy must be something good and just took it home. We had a local postal worker that was found to have taken thousands of mail items home.

Back