2mt Drill Bits 31/32, 59/64, 61/64, 63/64

wa5cab

Downloads Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Title pretty much says it all. After searching for them for two years, I'm close to deciding that for some weird reason, no one ever made these four sizes.

You have any particulars on length? I have piles of mt shank drills. None new though. But I can look through them a bit a see if there are any that would be of use to you. I have probably 1,000 lbs of them I culled out of 6k.

Consider giving Tried and True in Fridley MN a call.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tried-and-True-Tools/154405481261996
(763) 574-0407
They don't have a website.

Honest guys. Not cheap, but usually on the low end of competitive for used machines and tooling.
My experience is that they will openly disclose any issues with what you are purchasing.

Daryl
MN

Daryl, I called them. They don't currently have any of the four but the guy who answered the phone was kind enough to fill out their Wanted form.

You have any particulars on length? I have piles of mt shank drills. None new though. But I can look through them a bit a see if there are any that would be of use to you. I have probably 1,000 lbs of them I culled out of 6k.

Tony, length isn't particularly critical, although I probably wouldn't want one that was longer than about a foot. Shorter is OK.

I'll try to get started looking through them tomorrow. Kind of in the middle of a hot project right now.

Tony,

There's no rush. I've been looking for these things for going on six years off and on. The last time I actually needed one of them was probably a year ago. Fortunately, they are all large enough that if the workpiece is in the lathe, I can bore the hole. Just not as quick.

I have a complete set from 3/8" t0 1 3/8" in 64ths. It took me over a year of searching at the local flea markets. I ended up paying $1-5 each.
Randy

Back