3-Point spreader thing, what's it called?

Reddinr

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
So I will either buy or build this thing but I don't know what it is called.

I have a CAT 1 three-point hitch on my compact tractor. The arms just swing in the breeze so when I back up to an implement it is a pain because the arms just close up unless they are held open. I've used a short 1x2 stick to hold them open but I would like some adjustable spacer thing to do the job. Is that something that I can pick up at tractor supply etc.? If so, I can't find it but then again, I don't know what it is called. If not, I'll build something.

I have the "quick attach" latches on the arms so theoretically I back up to the implement, raise the hitch and I'm attached. Without something to hold the arms just right, it doesn't work.

I have the "quick attach" latches on the arms so theoretically I back up to the implement, raise the hitch and I'm attached. Without something to hold the arms just right, it doesn't work.
So you have a "Pat's" system on your 3-point? If so, I made a simple bar across the arms with pins welded on that would drop into some holes that were on the 3 point arms.
The term you are looking for is "cross drawbar". Depending on what tractor you have, I would highly recommend upgrading to telescoping stabilizers. See attached picture.

I recently sold my BX2380 and purchased a B2601, and I have added a 3-point quick hitch to it. I have 3 attachments at this point (2 of which are DIY) and I made sure that they were sized correctly for the quick hitch. The ability to stay on the tractor and hook up or release implements is fantastic.

Attachments

• Kubota-B2601-Tractor-Telescoping-Stabilizers.jpg
    Kubota-B2601-Tractor-Telescoping-Stabilizers.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 22
I have never seen such an item , but this would be handy , I agree . When changing out my implements on the Kubota I sometimes have to have my son help me . Another thing , I ALWAYS bend my trailer jack handles on these bars . :grin: What a PITA !

The term you are looking for is "cross drawbar". Depending on what tractor you have, I would highly recommend upgrading to telescoping stabilizers. See attached picture.
Uh oh , be right back . Have to check out the orange machine for what you pictured . :encourage:

Turnbuckles is what I have . Left and right hand threads adjustable . My mind slipped me for awhile , it's happening more often lately . ;)

Yes. Similar to a Pat's hitch. I have a kubota 2410, circa 2001 I think. I've been meaning to solve this for a couple of decades. The wood stick worked for about 10 years but not ideal. Will look at the telescoping draw-bars option.

Mine has a turnbuckle on the right only but the turnbuckle is attached to hinged mounting point so the spacing is not held fixed unless there is an attachment mounted.

7510 here now . Had a 7610 and sold it for some dumb reason . This tractor gets used every day for general chores . :encourage:

I kinda like the quick pin idea instead of the turnbuckle . Could be another project for the list !

Back