A few Days With No Shop Time

projectnut

Registered
Registered
Things have been moving along rather smoothly in the shop over the winter months. I've accomplished all I set out to do, so we thought it was time to take a break and get in a little sun and fun. Traditionally we've been spending a few weeks in sunny Florida about this time of year. For many years my wife's parents lived in Naples, and my mother lived in Fort Myers. We also have a number of other relatives and friends living in that area so it was only natural to visit as many as we could in the few weeks we were there. Most everyone has now either passed on or moved to new locations, so we decided to try a couple weeks in the Gulf Shores Alabama area.

We got the motorhome out of storage a couple weeks ago and got it ready for the trip. We left home Saturday the 11th and arrived in Gulf Shores on the 13th. So far the weather has been much better than at home. The highs are in the high 60's to low 70's and the lows hang around the 50's. We've done a little sightseeing, shopping, a lot of relaxing, and visited our share of the local restaurants.

We're planning to stay here until the 25th then slowly working our way back to Wisconsin. In the evenings I've been resolving a few issues with projects in progress and planning out a couple new ones. When we get home, I should be ready pick up right where I left off. Hopefully the weather will have warmed to the point I can do some outside work as well.

Back