A great product to NOT buy.

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
Grizzly sends me emails all the time. Especially now that I bought my son that multi functional support that I posted around Christmas.
Well today they send this, and I take a look. WTF are they talking about.
It's aluminum and they say it will stand the test of time... yea, one or 2 drillings. Oh but the anodizing will make it last.. REALLY.
Crafted with durability in mind, the Universal Drill Guide features an anti-scratch anodized finish that not only safeguards the guide but also ensures it stands the test of time. It's the tool you can rely on for project after project.

Maybe I should post this under the joke thread.

I sent a laugh , but in no laughing matter . Are you getting this sideways rain ? Reminds me of Sandy a few years back . Power has gone out a few times already and the wind is kicking up big time .

Yep, it is. We have multiple lakes in the yard that have joined and the river is flowing. Am worried about the basement getting flooded sometimes we get so much whatever that it presses against the wall and breaks it

Grizzly sends me emails all the time. Especially now that I bought my son that multi functional support that I posted around Christmas.
It's aluminum and they say it will stand the test of time... yea, one or 2 drillings. Oh but the anodizing will make it last.. REALLY.
Crafted with durability in mind, the Universal Drill Guide features an anti-scratch anodized finish that not only safeguards the guide but also ensures it stands the test of time. It's the tool you can rely on for project after project.

Its a hand drilling guide. I have something similar for wood working
It pretty tough aluminum and the anodizing can help protect it.

But it’s meticulously crafted: sounds like a bargain.

" Whether you're drilling into flat, round, or square workpieces, this tool simplifies the process and enhances the quality of your work."

I'll be the first to admit , this will NOT enhance my quality . :bawling:

Its a hand drilling guide. I have something similar for wood working
It pretty tough aluminum and the anodizing can help protect it.
No it can't. Anodizing is not that tough. I have a few guides one a machinist made, not hard enough, close. I have a general and craftsman doweling jig.. crap. I have an old Stanley the guides are too soft, but I replaced it with hardened drill guides from McMaster. I would but the gator products one.

It would stop wear on the flutes. I think that product is more of a woodworking tool. Be handy for drilling into the side of round table leg or dowel. We have had an adjustable handle jig made from some sort of plastic for many years. It is still as good as new and used daily.
Martin

Thanks for the great advice. After I read your initial post, I didn't buy 2 of them.

It might be handy for transfer punches. Idk. They’re great for random top drawer detritus.

Back