Affordable Expanding Transfer Punch Set?????

I have had the Doall set for 30 years. Durable, and convenient for oddball holes, even tapered holes. Have to make sure the hole being used on has no burr from counter sink, or it can shift the spotted point off center.

I don’t think ANY time limit should be in place. Issues do recur and more information is added.

Why limit our knowledge base to just the last 5 years.

If an old thread is unwelcome it only takes a second to click out of the thread and feel comfortable again.

I have a set of those adjustable transfer punches. For what it may be worth, mine have seen very little use because they only expand at the tip which makes it easy to tip them and not get an accurate transfer. I used to do some field work using these and they were better than nothing on some applications but the regular set eye- balled when loose worked as well in deeper holes (like a gearbox housing or a mounting flange). When possible, I turned a bushing to fit the standard set And ran with that.

3PC EXPANDING TRANSFER PUNCH SET
Item #: 8-408-058
priced at $29.95 at KBC tools today

When I look at that it is $46?
Robert

Item #: 8-408-058

Product Info
Brand: KBC

FEATURES:
  • Compact set of 3 takes the place of numerous individual solid punches.
  • Each punch expands within its range to pick up the true center of holes from 1/4" to 11/16" dia.
  • By turning the knurled head, the punch body expands to the perfect fit in the bottom of the hole.

Item Specifications
  • Number of Pieces
  • Size Range
    1/4 to 11/16"
  • Item Weight
    0.25 lbs per EA

$29.95

14 In Stock

UOM : EA

QTY:

© 2020 - KBCTools.com | All rights reserved.
6300 18 Mile Road, Sterling Heights, MI 48314

This is a screen shot of the page I get from KBCTools.com this morning when I went to look, part number and description seem to match, am I missing something ?

Attachments

• 1604759814732.png
    1604759814732.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 8
When I look at that it is $46?
Robert
If you used the link from post #10, that's Canadian dollars. Note the ".ca" in the link.
US website shows $29.95.

Tom

Back