Anybody interested in this information?

pdentrem

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Friends father who worked in aviation manufacturing had this note book for some metal processing. I have taken a photos of two of a number of pages. Also have salt baths and other processes. If so, may have to make a folder in the downloads. Hate to see this fade into history.
Pierre

23036DDC-692D-4B5B-8C80-320D7F78F75C.jpeg18F3468E-D9A7-4C6E-A6D6-F09DB23A40D3.jpeg

Last edited:
Sucks to be the new kid, as I don't think they teach hieratic anymore. But if it were available, I'd read it.

OK, I'm picking on the man's pen a little, but I love old notebooks. And actually, it looks remarkably consistent for "field notes". I bet it reads easily after a few pages to pick up his style.

One vote for "intrested".

The note on solution heat treating uses the same salt mixture that is used for niter bluing of steel and iron, it is the lowest melting point of all salt mixtures. I have posted the procedure several times on this forum.

Sodium Cyanide solution, Cadmium solution, Chromic acid solution, other stuff etc
Likely over 30-40 pages. Some will be useful and others just interesting.
Pierre

I made an photo album called Mr Filmore’s notebook. There are 21 photos of 2 pages each. Photo number 11 is a duplicate and I don’t see how to remove yet.

Got it. I havn't "read" it yet, but I scanned over it quick. That's good stuff. Not earth shattering, but good stuff... Thanks for doing that.

Back