Atlas 10f - Qc42 Lathe

I think you might have the pieces that the keyed bushing rides on backwards. The washer goes on the bolt first.

I think you might have the pieces that the keyed bushing rides on backwards. The washer goes on the bolt first.

If your talking about my pics, I agree. The person I got this from must have done it wrong. I'll make it right. :)

Steve S,

It's hard to tell in a photograph but you may be missing a washer behind the pair of gears.

The sliding gear is kept in position by a thin steel disk that should be between the two gears on the 32T/16T compound gear at the tumbler pivot point. This was a modification of the Stud Gear used on the change gear 10" models.

Steve S,

It's hard to tell in a photograph but you may be missing a washer behind the pair of gears.

The sliding gear is kept in position by a thin steel disk that should be between the two gears on the 32T/16T compound gear at the tumbler pivot point. This was a modification of the Stud Gear used on the change gear 10" models.

Thanks for the tip Robert, will need to look at that.

You are correct Robert, there is a thin disk on the other part.

OK. It doesn't usually happen with people selling 10" QCGB's (unless the seller knows so little about the machines that he doesn't know that the tumbler assembly is a part of the conversion). But failing to include the modified compound gear is quite common with the 12" versions.

Back