Atlas 3966 parts needed.

Ak Coot

Registered
Registered
Hi, I recently picked up a cabinet model Atlas lathe. I believe it’s a 70’s vintage. It’s missing the tail stock handle, arbor support lock and associated parts. They are item numbers 32, part M1-47, item 33, part M6-45, item 34, part M6-44 and item 35, part 109151 in the 3996 manual.
I’m also in need of a bracket C shaft , item 34, part 041-132 on page 22 in the manual. This is the bracket with the bronze bushings that the 3/4’’ shaft that motor drives the lower pulley on. This bracket is cracked. The lathe was found in a shut down fertilizer plant so hard telling the history of how they did that.

Other than that it looks to be all there.

I would appreciate any help on this

thanks

kurt

Last edited:
Hi, I recently picked up a cabinet model Atlas lathe. I believe it’s a 70’s vintage. It’s missing the tail stock handle, arbor support lock and associated parts. They are item numbers 32, part M1-47, item 33, part M6-45, item 34, part M6-44 and item 35, part 109151 in the 3996 manual.
I’m also in need of a bracket C shaft , item 34, part 041-132 on page 22 in the manual. This is the bracket with the bronze bushings that the 3/4’’ shaft that motor drives the lower pulley on. This bracket is cracked. The lathe was found in a shut down fertilizer plant so hard telling the history of how they did that.

Other than that it looks to be all there.

I would appreciate any help on this

thanks

kurt
Don't throw out the cracked bracket. Sooner or later someone out there will desperately need one and might want to take a crack at brazing it.

Back