Atlas 618 3d printed handles

Rob_fixit

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Thanks to the amazing and generous work done by mvagusta in creating drawings of the Atlas 618 I was able to model (using either Revit or Sketchup) and 3D print handles for the compound and cross slide, with some modifications. Rather than using a locknut on the ends, the handles are threaded on against locknuts. So far they have been working quite well! I also modeled and printed simple handle for the carriage lock bolt. If anyone would like the stl files to print their own I can upload them here...somewhere.

IMG_9819.jpeg

R0b_fixit,

I used to have a listing of all of the file types that are supported by Downloads but haven't seen or needed it in several years so can't at the moment check or post it tonight. So if the file types that you would need are not currently supported, you would have to send them to me and let me try to get them added. But it sounds as if the files you have generated might belong in Downloads. If nothing else it would save you the hassle of having to deal with sending multiple files to individuals when they ask for them. Anyway, if you want to try it, try to upload one if each file type into the Atlas section of Downloads and let me know the types (if any) that failed to upload and download.

The organization of Downloads is first by Mfg Company and then by model number or whatever they used from there-on. However, access to Downloads does require Donor status first (any available amount from $10.00 per year on up). And I will also mention, although it has nothing to do with Downloads, that selling anything on on the site (a) is only allowed in one designated forum near the bottom of the site and currently costs $25.00 per year which also covers Downloads. Trading is free but is also limited to one area which is near to the For Sale area.

Last edited:
R0b_fixit,

I used to have a listing of all of the file types that are supported by Downloads but haven't seen or needed it in several years so can't at the moment check or post it tonight. So if the file types that you would need are not currently supported, you would have to send them to me and let me try to get them added. But it sounds as if the files you have generated might belong in Downloads. If nothing else it would save you the hassle of having to deal with sending multiple files to individuals when they ask for them. Anyway, if you want to try it, try to upload one if each file type into the Atlas section of Downloads and let me know the types (if any) that failed to upload and download.

The organization of Downloads is first by Mfg Company and then by model number or whatever they used from there-on. However, access to Downloads does require Donor status first (any available amount from $10.00 per year on up). And I will also mention, although it has nothing to do with Downloads, that selling anything on on the site (a) is only allowed in one designated forum near the bottom of the site and currently costs $25.00 per year which also covers Downloads. Trading is free but is also limited to one area which is near to the For Sale area.

Thank you for the help! The .stl files appear to have uploaded successfully. By having them in the Downloads area, I hope it encourages more people to donate to the forum. This forum is a tremendous resource with friendly people and should be supported. I have no intent on selling these parts; just trying to help contribute.

Nice job! I would like to get into 3D printing at some point. What printer do you use and what is the material?

Rob,

Glad to hear that the system took the files without my getting involved. At age 80 I find that my memory is far from what it once was. :cool: . I just wish that we could somehow get the word out to newly joined members about needing Donor status for full access to Downloads. But the best place to do that would be during the join-up and that code is in an off-limits area. I will have to look into the Downloads start-up code. Some of that is customizable.

Nice job! I would like to get into 3D printing at some point. What printer do you use and what is the material?
Thank you! I have a Creality Ender 3 V2 and have been using Overture PLA filament. There was a fair bit of help and info available on this printer which is one of the reasons I got it. It was pretty easy to setup and has been working quite well for me the past couple of years. I'm guessing there have been improvements since I got it.

Rob,

Glad to hear that the system took the files without my getting involved. At age 80 I find that my memory is far from what it once was. :cool: . I just wish that we could somehow get the word out to newly joined members about needing Donor status for full access to Downloads. But the best place to do that would be during the join-up and that code is in an off-limits area. I will have to look into the Downloads start-up code. Some of that is customizable.

Maybe a heading or something at the top of the Downloads main page would be helpful? I thought it was mentioned somewhere when signing up to be a member.

I know that the notice of how to get to actually download something is not currently there and that I can on.y add it for the current approval. To add a note at hat point to the effect that downloading anything requires donor status (any amount). and make the note always show up for everyone requires admin status.

Back