Atlas10f center bed width

Mneafus

Registered
Registered
Can anyone measure the width between the flat ways of a atlas10f lathe for me? I’ve got a project i’m working on and i need to know what the distance is where the steady rest mounts into. I sold my lathe so i don’t have it to get the measurement from.

2.75” between the ways on my Atlas 10”.
Mike.

2.75” between the ways on my Atlas 10”.
Mike.
Thank you , i needed to double check the steady that was left over from when i sold my atlas10f lathe. I have a question, can anybody offer any answers to who made my steady rest? It looks like a real atlas accessory but has no casting numbers on it. But it looks great , casting is perfect and in no way has the look of a chinese copy.

Attachments

• IMG_1224.jpeg
    IMG_1224.jpeg
    498 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1225.jpeg
    IMG_1225.jpeg
    537.5 KB · Views: 12
Looks exactly the same as mine without the numbers. Impressive if it’s a copy. Maybe Atlas made some without casting numbers?
Mike

Looks exactly the same as mine without the numbers. Impressive if it’s a copy. Maybe Atlas made some without casting numbers?
Mike
I don’t know, i’ve had it for a few years before i noticed it didn’t have casting numbers. The way i noticed something was off was when i ordered ball bearing fingers for it. The slots is a little wider than a normal atlas other wise it’s a atlas look a like. I would like to know a little more about it before i put it and other acessories up for sale.

Back