B Bar Insert Type

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I think that uses the triangle TNFM style insert.

Some use a CCMT diamond insert. I have one that does but I can't remember to exact nomenclature.
Google the bar # and see if that gives you an answer.

Yup negative, a positive insert would use a screw for mounting.

Reactions: Guv
Do I see a threaded screw hole on the bottom of the bar? My CCMT insert bar uses a screw.

The thread you see is for the insert locking pin that is shown. It works like an eccentric, usually by just using an off axis thread, which pulls the insert into it's seat to lock it in. Usually they are used with a top clamp as well but not always.

So, what type of insert do I need for this Bar?
Positive or Negative?
TNMG 322ER or 321ER or something else?

From what I found is consistent with what fahrphrompuken posted, TNFM 22_. Valenite is part of the Walter line now, might want to check with them to be sure.

Just a recommendation when looking for cheap indexable cutters, I always look for what type of inserts are cheap/most common rather than looking for an insert holder that is cheap. That will save you money in the long run.

Most of my boring bars are SCLCR which use CCMT/CCGT inserts. These positive inserts are very common & can be found for cheap. I prefer positives for boring bars.

Back